Can 42 points out of 42 seem suspicious (for unis in UK)?

Tutu

Hi,

I would probably kill someone if he asked me whether straight 7s seem too ideal to be true but well, one of my teacher told me that uni would see my grades to be bit exaggerated and I don't wanna ruin my chances... Basically I know I'm capable of having 7 from all my subjects but it would be nice to have a point off as an insurance (if I then got a conditional offer of 41/42 instead of 42/42, it would certainly put some pressure off). However I'm applying to Oxford and I suppose that there will be many applicants with 42/42.

Has anyone experienced this or has any advice please?

Thanks

With Oxford in particular, a higher predicted will only improve your chances, as said above. They typically won't require you to achieve 42 for the final exams though, since their standard offer is 38-39 depending on the subject/college. This will vary and there have been cases where they have required higher, but having a prediction of 42 would probably be far more advantageous in your case.

Since it's the school that is predicting the grades, they generally won't question it. I'm not 100% certain on this but they may consider your school's accuracy of prediction in the previous years and take that into account, but generally speaking it's not an issue. While straight 7's isn't the norm for top universities, it's certainly not unheard of either.