Please help me in my Economics EE

besterlinks

Hey,

I am writing my Economics Extended Essay on the influence of non-price determinants on the demand for airline companies in my city. Specifically, I am discussing such factors as access to lounge, in-flight dining etc vis-a-vis prices. However, I feel my content is extremely qualitative/empirical and more focused on behavorial economics. Any ideas/suggestions for solid economics theories? I tried thinking about elasticities but can't figure out a way to apply them.

Thanks!

Edited by besterlinks

What are the factors affecting the elasticities (substitutes, proportion of income spent, time, luxury v/s necessities) and the degree to which they influence the price making decisions

Market Structures (Oligopoly) and the extent of the market structure, non price factors and product differentiation on decision (game theory)

Cross price elasticity (comparing elasticities across airlines) and its influences

Hope this is helpful.

Hey,

I am writing my Economics Extended Essay on the influence of non-price determinants on the demand for airline companies in my city. Specifically, I am discussing such factors as access to lounge, in-flight dining etc vis-a-vis prices. However, I feel my content is extremely qualitative/empirical and more focused on behavorial economics. Any ideas/suggestions for solid economics theories? I tried thinking about elasticities but can't figure out a way to apply them.

Thanks!

hi, is this topic fine? i mean just non-price determinants of the demand for a product, how will you pull off 4000 words with this?

anyway, what first struck my mind when i read elasticities, was the YED(income). first think of the different types, if you don't really want to do it on income. then consider how you could get responses accordingly. however, if what i thought about income was; since you're going to work on non-price determinants anyway, i believe income falls in that category and that way if you're able to figure out how peoples demand changes depending on their income earned, you can apply the YED theory. i could be wrong, but this sounds fine to me :P i hope you got an idea of what you're supposed to do.

• Like 1