Activites Orale Interactive - How to do?!

Hi everyone,

I have yet another french class question!
We're doing our individual interactive orals in less than a week, and I haven't even started...Why? Because I have no clue whatsoever how to do research in French on poverty and famine in Haiti. I'm looking for ways to do the research, should I search in French or in English then translate it? Keep in mind my French level is not the best and I'll be lucky with a 4 or 5 in SL French..

So do you have any tips on how to do a French research project?

Thanks!! :)

Why not read in both languages? in English and French... The linguistic benefits will be obvious. And your reading will be more efficient ( no turning to the dictionary after every line).

What is more, you will perhaps note differences in reporting style that could be made part of your interactive oral. This counts as a form of critical appreciation. Very valuable and can gain you points.

Translation is not a good idea: you'll end up speaking English with French words. Fringlish. And it is not a terribly efficient way to go about things either. Much better to search for reports in French online or at the library of the local Alliance Francaise.

Edited by Blackcurrant
  • Like 1