History IA Topic

wanderlust

We can't give you a topic, you're supposed to come up with one yourself. Doing so would be plagiarism and just shows laziness on your part. Do your own work.

That being said, look at the topics that you've decided so far. What interests you about them? Causes? A person's role in it? Narrow down your topics from there, and then come up with a focused question that can be treated in 2000 words. Then you can post here and we can give you feedback, letting you know if it's too broad, if it's a reasonable topic, if the scope is good, etc. Only then can we help you.

• Like 1

It sounds like a topic you can certainly write a lot about. However, I think it needs rephrasing (personal opinion) so that you are focusing on a more particular aspect. Also, remember that you will have to look at 2 sources and should therefore be making sure that these are available for you for this topic. Good luck

• Like 1

I also did my IA on the origins of the Cold War (but Potsdam though). With the IA, you realistically get 600 words to write a mini essay, which is not much at all! I personally think that your topic is too general for adequate treatment in the word count. It would be ideal for an EE though...

Perhaps restructure your question to focus on a particular ally, like the US, Soviets, French etc. and their involvement in the Berlin Wall. Or, was there a particular event that stands out to you? Or a policy from an ally that might have triggered the Wall? Try and get a bit more specific :) post any further ideas here if you want some more feedback- I'm happy to help.

• Like 1

I also did my IA on the origins of the Cold War (but Potsdam though). With the IA, you realistically get 600 words to write a mini essay, which is not much at all! I personally think that your topic is too general for adequate treatment in the word count. It would be ideal for an EE though...

Perhaps restructure your question to focus on a particular ally, like the US, Soviets, French etc. and their involvement in the Berlin Wall. Or, was there a particular event that stands out to you? Or a policy from an ally that might have triggered the Wall? Try and get a bit more specific :) post any further ideas here if you want some more feedback- I'm happy to help.

Thank you for your opinion and help :) I changed my research question and am now working on the impacts of the Wall on East Berliners. I went to Berlin a couple of weeks ago and have a lot of good sources. Do you think it's suitable for an IA? x