Need help on Written Task ASAP

RobbieIB

Hey guys, I need to write my written task. However, I just can't seem to make a decision on what text type to write. I have decided to write about language and power, specifically about the First Nations in Canada. My teacher says we have to first of all, find an example of our chosen text type. I originally want to do a blog, but I can't find any blogs that talk about the First Nations. I also wanted to do a letter from a perspective of a First Nation survivor demanding apology from Canada's federal government for their sufferings, but I'm not sure about that. I could always do a magazine article or newspaper editorial, but it has to be 1000 words. I still don't know what specific topic about the First Nations I wanna talk about.

What do you guys think? I have to submit my rationale by tomorrow! :(

Hi Rachel,

You should find an example text type so you can integrate the techniques used specifically for that text type in your own work. In other words: your example text type doesn't have to be about the subject you will be writing about. In your rationale you should set out what you have studied in the example text and how you have used that to your benefit; always include examples.

Hope this helps.