History - Space Race and Cold War

DVNO911

Hi everyone, second time around doing the EE as I failed the first time =(

History has always been one of my preferred subjects in school, and I think it's a good choice since this time around I really care about getting a passing grade rather than try and pull off something unnecessarily original.

Anyways, I was thinking of writing about the Space Race and the Cold War, since the Cold War is in my opinion one of the more interesting conflicts in recent history. I thought of something along the lines of "What effects did the development and results of the Space Race have on the Cold War?" as a research question, but I would like to hear some opinions first.

Also, if it turns out to be a good topic and you have some relevant and good suggestions of sources to use I would be very grateful.

Edited by DVNO911

I'm afraid that many others also think the Cold War is an interesting topic and many other EEs are written about it. To be honest, if you're looking for a decent grade I would suggest looking elsewhere. However, I'm not entirely certain that the Space Race would be another common topic - maybe someone more experienced can help here - and that may lead somewhere. The thing is, in an EE you're supposed to do analysis and the Cold War has been analysed ad nauseam by people the world over, as have the world wars and much of the 20th century. You could talk about the space race but you're more likely to get a better score in general if you try to avoid the Cold War aspect of it...? If that makes sense? Try to find a new spin, I guess that's what I'm trying to say.