Can I test SL if I take HL?

Ray1500

A couple of people at my school did that. They were in the same HL Spanish class with me all year, but at the end of the year they took the SL exam instead because they didn't think they could handle HL. Frankly I thought it was a waste of time and they would be somewhat unprepared for the SL exam, because the whole year was spent learning material and practicing for what was going to be on the HL exam (which in the old syllabus was a bit different than the SL exam) and not the exam they were going to be taking. And in addition they did all sorts of classwork which didn't even really matter to them. If you're not going to take the HL exam, don't take the class.

Yes it should be possible, the actual lesson you go to has to cover the minimum requirements of the syllabus, that being said the IBO doesn't really regulate that properly as some schools have interesting teaching methods.

Speak to the teacher who gives the class and ask for permission I'm sure he will appreciate your enthusiasm. Thread closed to avoid spam posts after this.