Self-Taught question Individual Oral Commentary

Guest Marioti

Guest Marioti

Hey guys,

So my individual oral commentary for portuguese is coming up but I don't quite understand how it's supposed to work

I have read the books and from what I understand I have to get the prescribed questions and pick a passage from the books for each questions... this would make me have 10 passages

But I'm confused because I thought we could only bring 1 piece of paper A4 annotated into the room to record

:/

Guest Marioti

If it's the same as English A, I believe that you will pick one passage from one of the books you have read and then you have some time to annotate/take notes. These are the notes you will be allowed to take into the interview/exam.

Oh ok . Yea that actually makes more sense... Haha

Thank you very much!

It's not the same as English A! You prepare all 10 passages at home, then when you go into the exam room you choose an envelope that tells you which passage you'll have to talk about, and you have 20 minutes in a different room to prepare it.

The self-taught alternative oral assessment guide says:

The student takes copies of his or her chosen passages or poems, as well as notes on those passages into the preparation room.

(...) The instructions for section 1 will nominate one of the two genres studied and, for that genre, two out of the five questions will have been selected.

The student chooses one of the questions and selects the passage and the notes prepared for that question. During the 20-minute preparation time the student makes final preparations.

The notes used during the recording may be those prepared during the course, work done during the 20-minute preparation time, or a combination of both. However, they must be brief notes in point form, totalling no more than one side of A4 paper.

Hope this helped!