I'm new here.

Zaxthus

Hello! I just started and I'd like to get some help on getting into IB.

I'm in grade 10, taking the partial IB. I doubt I can take the full one...

If I get into IB, I'm planning on taking Math HL, English HL and Chem HL.

I might switch from HL to SL, it just depends on me. v.v

And... I don't know actually know. I've been starting to losing hope... I'm at the edge of giving up.

I need help from you guys. I would like to ask tips and guides on surviving IB.

Especially getting rid of this habit of mine called procrastination... T_T

Thanks!

We all have that horrible habit, I am taking the official ib exams this november (in 15 days). I am very nervous i though of leaving the ib too. But in the end i think it help me a lot. Procastination is really a hard habit to fight with, but my recommendation for you is that you should start little by little, read something about the subject you want everyday, like one chapter of a couple pages. That will help you to understand and be more prepared. What i did this finall weeks , was give my cellphone to my parents, that took me a lot of time, like text-messaging and all that. Just a little effort before the exams you know. Good luck and don't give up!

Aye doing IB sucks, but I've seen people really change when they come out of it.
Procrastination and Losing Hope, every IB student goes through that, it could be something like a rite of passage of sorts.
The best thing I can tell you is not to not give up, because IB is definitely challenging, and if you can manage it, you can quite easily adjust to the college workload and life, like meeting deadlines while procrastinating, managing time better, etc.

Best of Luck though, you'll need it, everyone does, so did I, and if you're really unhappy, I'd suggest talking to people about it helps, especially on this forum, because everyone has once in their IB lifetime gone through the same.

This forum is called "IB Survival - Helpful Procrastination". We're all in the same situation here, and if you look at previous exam grades posts, a large percentage of people who are active on this forum do incredibly well (36 and above (my standards)); and almost everyone passes. Either way, don't lose hope yet! The real IB has yet to start. I think you should attempt it, and if you're really not doing well (as in failing) then you should go to the other program your school offers. Otherwise stick to it! You can use this forum to help you chose your classes more wisely for next year and see what is expected of you in each class so that you're well prepared. Good luck!

• Like 2

You know, for me it hasn't been quite as terrible as I've heard it is. Yes, I know that I'm just finishing my second month of IB1, but honestly it's been okay. There is a little bit of grade shock when you first start getting assignments but I've found that generally people figure it out pretty quickly.

I know it may seem a bit scary and/or depressing at the moment and believe me, a lot of people here have gone through that too and can give advice. In the General IB Discussion forum there are a lot of advice threads that can help you out, including one just for dealing with procrastination! Most other forums have a couple of handy dandy helpful threads as well.

Lastly, stay strong. Feel free to send me a message if you want to talk about school or just to rant! It's a lovely community we've got here and we'll be happy to talk you through IB.

• Like 2