History SL IA Help

theasiantomato

Hey guys! I need help refining my question for my SL History IA. I want to look at how the Tiananmen Square Massacre affected the perspective of the Chinese people in regards to political change. Basically, how the Massacre made them realize that they weren't going to get any change. I'm going to look at interviews and other primary source documents for this. Can someone help me figure out how to better phrase my research question?

To what extent and in what way did the Tiananmen Square Massacre affect the faith of the Chinese people in political progress in China?

Or

To what extent and in what way did the Tiananmen Square Massacre affect the perspective of the Chinese people towards the possibility of political change in China?

I hope you do well for it! Good luck!

Maybe focus more specifically on the causes for the change in political views.. and then talk about the Tiananmen Square Massacre, along with other possible factors, so you create an argument. Obviously, you would conclude that it was the Tiananmen Square massacre that changed public opinion, rather than the other factors.