Extended Essay Topic: Illuminati or Freemasons?

John Lakers

I'm interested in the Illuminati and Freemasons, and for History, I want to have a topic on either the illuminati or Freemasons? Do you recommend these types of topics, and is there enough information about them?

The topic is interesting and I guess you can definitely need to research a lot for this one,gather some books and articles on newspapers about it, articles from magazines, videos etc. And for me if you are going to choose one among the general topics you mentioned - Illuminati and Freemasons, I would choose Illuminati since it is so interesting but just a warning it might not be an excellent topic for an extended essay unless you are going to create a super duper awesome "To what extent" type of question that connects to there. But in the end it is your choice.

You could look at the portrayal of either of them, such as why they changed from being 'brotherhoods' to being seen as at the centre of conspiracy theories. That would give you heaps to evaluate in terms of different interpretations. Or you could look at to what extent a specific event caused this transition from brotherhood to conspiracy and that would help give you a more specific topic. I think you'll be able to find plenty of information.