Extended Essay Topic Help

theasiantomato

Hey guys! I'm in my first year of the IB program and at my school, we begin in our junior TOK class to look into possible extended essay topics.

I currently have two ideas, and I need help wording the questions and figuring out what category they would best fit under. I know there are quite a few I could place them under, but I don't know which is the best possible option.

Idea 1: Effectiveness of the Missouri Public School System in Comparison to Helsinki Public School System

Idea 2: The Ethical Implications of the One Child Restriction in China

You really should maybe be asking your extended essay coordinatory? Plus, I think you should come up with a subject first, then topic, then question, not the other way around. These ideas are really good (especially for ToK presentation ideas!) But my advice to you is to focus on finding a subject first. Here are some examples: world studies (new subject I believe) or Human Rights. Like I said, start with the subject first.

Edited by Grace01

No no no no no. Please pick your subject area first and read all of the guidelines for that subject very carefully, then choose your topic based on those guidelines. If you pick a topic first and then try to fit it into a subject, 9 out of 10 times it won't do well and you won't score very highly. At the moment I can't really think of any subject that your topics fit into, and that's bad.