UCON

Kira Chan

These days I have suddenly interested in University of Connecticut (UCON) but it turns out that school requires a lot of qualifications in academic activities, plus, social activities.
MI'm kinda proud of my GPA and CAS hour (201 hours) but my SAT in reading and math in totally is 1000 (they require 1300). Should I apply for this school? I mean, not about if this is the right school for me or not, but do I have high chance of getting in UCON even though my SAT is lower than what they expected?

You can retake the SAT, you've still got some time. In addition, you may want to look at the ACT. It's a different test, and the layout is a bit different than the SAT, but from what I've heard it's a different style and people who generally don't do too well on the SAT can do well on the ACT. Test scores aren't everything and they look at a lot of other factors, but being significantly below the average admitted students score doesn't work well in your favor. And if you're an international student, it may or may not count against you a bit more. Good luck in applying :)

• Like 1