Physics at Uni?

Hollath

Hey all,

Was just wondering who else is applying for Physics at university?

I'm applying to the UK, with the goal of studying at Oxford (fingers crossed!), but I was wondering who else wants to study Physics/ is studying Physics on here. If so, where are you applying, and what do you want to go into after you finish your degree?

Yeah, I'm applying for a bachelor of science at the University of Melbourne and I plan on taking physics as a subject. I'm not quite sure what I'll do when I finish, I'm thinking Earth Sciences and jumping on the climate change/renewable energy bandwagon because it's going to be a very topical area during our lifetime.

What about you?

I'm really looking forward to first year because apparently a lot of the HL content is first year uni stuff so hopefully I'll have a bit of a headstart. Do you know if that is the same in other countries?

Yeah, I'm applying for a bachelor of science at the University of Melbourne and I plan on taking physics as a subject. I'm not quite sure what I'll do when I finish, I'm thinking Earth Sciences and jumping on the climate change/renewable energy bandwagon because it's going to be a very topical area during our lifetime.

What about you?

I'm really looking forward to first year because apparently a lot of the HL content is first year uni stuff so hopefully I'll have a bit of a headstart. Do you know if that is the same in other countries?

Oh awesome! And yeah, if I do a second degree it will probably be in the geophysics/ atmospheric physics area too, as I'm interested in that stuff, and it will be a big part of all of our futures. I'm actually writing my EE on renewable wave energy as it happens.

I honestly cannot wait to get to uni, as it will mean I'm in an english speaking country (not Switzerland) and under my own steam, without having to worry about boring SL subjects ;) . The partying should be good too.

I know that in the US and Canada HL maths, physics and chemistry cover lots of first year topics, however I think in the UK its a little bit different.