What should I focus on whilst studying for HL English & HL History?

riamags

Hey guys! I have already posted up a question on practice past papers for HL Biology? However, I just wanted to know whether I should practice past papers for HL English and HL History. I don't really have time to study the contents. Even though I have brushed up through reading the books (English Literature) and reading the chapters from the History guide. I still don't feel confident. I am giving the exams next month, November (there are only 8 days left.....yes I am freaking out) and it would be really helpful if you guys could give me some pointers on what to do? I really am clueless. I feel that I'm not prepared at all, even though I have studied for the past 2 months. Is there anything I can do? Practice past papers? Read the chapters again.... I am so screwed. Please help!

November 2013 Retake Subjects:

HL English

HL Biology

HL History

Math Studies SL

But what should I do about English???

Edited by riamags

With History being rather context-heavy, I'd study from the textbook rather than do past papers, except P1, which is quite different than the other two. Know the facts and interpretations, studying from past papers will not help you much as not all the stuff will always be included.

Also with history, at this late stage your essays themselves are probably not going improve significantly so instead of writing whole essays you should make thorough plans for possible topics. That applies for both english and history. And as Gaby said, make sure you know specific evidence and quotes for history and specific examples and quotes for english.