Cub Scouts as CAS

Jasman214

I was wondering if working with my local cub scout troop would count as CAS hours? It would mostly be supervision and helping out at the meetings, but I would also help out at the camp-outs. My coordinator said that she would look at my proposal if I could find a way to bring something new to the scouts, since the organization is pre-structured. Any ideas would be much appreciated, because I can't think of anything, but I don't see why this can't count.

One thing that immediately sprang to my mind was to organize a service project for your local troop. It doesn't really matter what you do (collecting food and donating it, doing some sort of building project, etc), as long as it's doing something that benefits the community. If you can tie it in to what the troop is currently doing or help them meet requirements for a merit badge/something else (it's been a long time since my brother was in cub scouts), all the better.

• Like 1