Anyone got "French B" or "Spanish B" by Pearson Baccalaureate?

weltraum

If you do, is there anything in there about the Extended Essay in French or Spanish?

I'm writing the EE in German B, but there are no IB textbooks for German, so French or Spanish is the closest I can get.

Just if there's info about how the EE is written, what the topic should be about, any tips or advice the book gives, and details about how it is graded and what the examiner is looking for. The IB official material doesn't really give that much information, and I'm worried I'm writing it wrong. :(

(There are no Language B textbooks in the library, nor does the school issue IB Language B textbooks, so that's why I'm asking here.)

• Like 1

I have a textbook on Language B French and there are about 5 pages on the extended essay. However, this is what might help you: http://www.colonelby.com/French.pdf

I think the same applies for German B extended essays

The textbook doesn't give that much information to be honest, but the one thing you must know is that there are 3 categories, do you know about these?

Thank you for the link, it helps a lot. :) I knew about the three categories, just wasn't sure if my research question fit into Culture B, or if I was structuring the essay and line of argument right. But that pdf has helped, thank you.

Do you know if the essay in Culture B has to use one type of cultural artifact, or can others be used to support the argument? (E.g. newspaper articles, second-hand interviews, laws, and books.)

Thank you for the link, it helps a lot. :) I knew about the three categories, just wasn't sure if my research question fit into Culture B, or if I was structuring the essay and line of argument right. But that pdf has helped, thank you.

Do you know if the essay in Culture B has to use one type of cultural artifact, or can others be used to support the argument? (E.g. newspaper articles, second-hand interviews, laws, and books.)

Well, I have seen examples where the artifact is used to support the argument. BUT my teacher has told me over and over again that you really shouldn't do this and your essay should revolve around the insight this artifact gives us into the culture. For example, my essay is looking at how well two films explore education in banlieues (poorer areas).

What is your essay question by the way?

What I was doing was describing how an event has influenced German culture and using artifacts to support the claims of the event's influence... I really don't know how to constrain that to one cultural artifact, as one law or one interview doesn't say anything cultural by itself.

I'm already entered for German B Extended Essay exam-wise, so I wouldn't be able to change it to sociology (which I don't study), psychology or world studies, which can't be written in German.

I could PM you my research question?

I would write about literature or a movie, but I don't read/watch either, and my literary analysis skills are so poor.

Would it be possible to get a B when using artifacts to support instead of as the core of the essay? Since it is only 3 marks out of 45...