Tok oral presentation Help ... plz

Pierre Reynaud

I think for Real life situations, you can talk about super popular artists who eventually die from drugs/alcohol abuse (Whitney Houston for eg.) etc. because the fame gets to them. This is more about fame rather than wealth/money, however, because they are rich people, I think it could still somehow apply to them, as they aren't successful, because well... they die? ( I guess?). I'm sorry. This is a a horrible example but it's better than nothing. I think you should research about it and hopefully find a good example where you can talk about how the fame/wealth got to them which acted as a barrier towards their success. I hope I helped

• Like 1

Hang on ... did you not ask about your TOK dealing with language ? Quoting your other post, below

"Hi, I have to think of another topic for my tok oral presentation,and I can't think of one, I already searched for a good topic related to "languages" in the internet and I can't find one, can someone help me, or tell me any idea related to "languages". I still don't know if I can choose this topic: "Can we think without language?"

PS: I speak 4 languages so that's why I would like to do it about this topic.

I think you are more likely to do well with this (language) topic, than about wealth and happiness. There is much more material to draw on and it seems much closer to your personal interests. Anyway, up to you.

• Like 2

Maybe you can discuss emotion. I think you can say that rich people have more self confidence that is why they are emotionally stronger and also you can discuss it from the other perspective too. poor people has to be more ambitious to get to a better position in the society and this motivates them to be successfull and you can relate this to emotion again. My idea is not that good but maybe it could help

• Like 1

Don't forget, your question has to have an element of TOK-iness to it, I.e it has to explicitly refer to knowledge/an AOK/a WOK.

So maybe something along the lines of 'to what extent do our emotions play a part in how we determine the successes of wealthy/rich people?' (Although you'd word it much more eloquently than that)

Otherwise you run the risk of presenting a great presentation on the successes of rich people, but a poor presentation on how we know and perceive the successes of rich people (aka, a TOK presentation)

Try drawing up a mind map with your real life example in the middle and just draw up a few sub topics. See where you can relate the AOKs and WOKs and go from there :)

Good luck!

• Like 1

:) thanks Ihateibomg :P that was an excellent idea :D
rockpapertash ^^ I know I'm still thinking of how I could rephrase the topic so that it involves some "TOK" on the topic :/
I think this should work, what do you think? "To what extent does being rich help you to be successful in life? " (and I would involve Emotion and may be Perception ( I don't know how but it might go in) ).But then I still don't know any KI (knowledge issue ) >< can someone help me or help me to rephrase this topic (my teacher doesn't want me to change from topic so it has to be on this ).
TY :) guys