Hey all, Im in a situation where I need to get started and turn in a planning and preferably first draft within 2 weeks. Luckely Im completelly free and have all the time to focus on the IA.

I have 2 companies that Im interested in that have said that they dont mind me doing my project on their businesses and will be supportive with information and data I could need.

The company I want to focus on is a company that are opening a factory in South america that will recycle tires into 3 basic products. And their problem is that they dont know if they should sell the 3 raw materials or for example refine them. Now I put it very basic I dont know if this is enought but what Im wondering is. Would it be an okey question '' How should (company name) sell their products to maximize net profit'' ?

IF the question is viable(will probably be rewritten a few times ofcourse) then could anyone give any advice of what I should consider having in the IA. Business and Management used to be my favorite project, but after a year away from it I just dont know where to start, but still remember most parts and I know how to do all the calculations and so on.

I graduated a year ago but without my BM exam becouse of my business shutting down while I was working on the IA( and ofcourse I started late so was no time to find new business)

Therefore making it even slower for me to get started as I have no idea how to start, but as soon as I do Ill just work day and night on this for the coming days and then finish it hopefully within a month.

ps. Id love to ask my teacher for advice and thoughts but its a different teacher now that I have to hand the papers to and as Im already late.

TL:DR Last moment working on IA, looking for possible advice on title/tips on what to have in the project.

I think slighting rephrasing the question would make it more effective. I suggest changing it to: Should (company) sell their raw materials to maximize net profit?

Another way would be to compare two different options and rephrase the question accordingly. I recommend the second option because it will allow you to compare the expected returns from two different projects, thus giving you a larger scope to analyse the company's options.

Simply asking how it should sell wouldn't allow you to analyse their decision. Also, try to be specific of what kind of products the company is thinking of selling, in the question.

Hope that helped.

I think slighting rephrasing the question would make it more effective. I suggest changing it to: Should (company) sell their raw materials to maximize net profit?

Another way would be to compare two different options and rephrase the question accordingly. I recommend the second option because it will allow you to compare the expected returns from two different projects, thus giving you a larger scope to analyse the company's options.

Simply asking how it should sell wouldn't allow you to analyse their decision. Also, try to be specific of what kind of products the company is thinking of selling, in the question.

Hope that helped.

Thanks for your comment!

Well the factory will make the tires(that they buy) into 3 RAW materials(that they sell) such as Carbon fiber, low quality oil, and iron. Iron will be sold as a raw material, while the Carbon and the Oil can be refined to get a better price. The question is if its worth to invest into a refinery with the size of production.

Would this be a viable topic to make an IA on? Calculating how much the price of the material will increase if refined and how long it will take to get back the money for the refinery and possibly looking at what market ( of mateirals) is looking most secure > interesting for future trends.

As my quick look on the goods I found that the raw material can be refined into a whole veriety of products.

If its viable what analyses/BM tools can I use to show the information in the most clear and efficient way?

Thank you for any response and advice!