Sign in to follow this  

“That which is accepted as knowledge today is sometimes discarded tomorrow.” Consider knowledge issues raised by this statement in two areas of knowle

“That which is accepted as knowledge today is sometimes discarded tomorrow.” Consider knowledge issues raised by this statement in two areas of knowledge.

That is the topic that I chose for my T.O.K. Essay, and the Areas of Knowledge that I chose are Science and History. I have tons of examples of science like some theories that are discarded over time but I couldn't think of an example for History. Can you help me come up with examples please? Thank you.

• Like 1

Maybe for history you could talk about some type of ancient civilization discovered and how at first a temple was thought to serve a function, but then studies revealed that it actually had a completely different function? I think that sounds pretty common.

• Like 1

You can always give examples from the revisionists in history, and especially any information to do with any almost any event during the Cold War, and how historians perspectives changed once archives were opened when the iron curtain fell.

• Like 3