University of Warwick - new undergraduate course 2014

IanSurvive

Hey guys,

University of Warwick recently introduced a new undergraduate course for 2014 called 'BSc Information Systems Management & Innovation'. I previously wanted to apply for 'Management' but ISM & Innovation looks very interesting to me and fully caters my interests.

However, assuming I do get into the course, I'll become the first batch to do this course and this sounds exciting yet risky at the same time... There are no solid information to career prospects or alumni reviews/experience as it is a totally brand new course for 2014 I'm not even sure if the course will establish successfully as I have yet heard a single word from anyone interested of applying the course (literally). And the course itself does sound less technical/'math-y' when compared to 'Management' in University of Warwick which both have the same entry requirements.

I do not wish to become a 'guinea-pig' but the course and its modules really cater my interests and ability (I believe). What would you do if you were me? Choose 'Management' for great career prospects or 'Information Systems Management & Innovation' which is also taught by Warwick Business School and fully caters your interests but has unknown career prospects (which is extremely worrying).

You know it would be great to hear anyone on the forum interested of applying the course because it seems for now I'm the only person in the whole intranet to apply for it... haha.. Any response would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Oh and here's the link to the course: http://www.wbs.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/information-systems-management-innovation/

Edited by IanSurvive

If I were you I would just do the normal Management course.

Why?

Seems a bit risky doing the new course. Plus you would ceratainly have more resources or know more people taking the management course who can help you if you have any difficulty.

Thank you for the logical reasoning. Any more suggestions guys?...

I would first look at the modules of this new course. Have a look if maybe they were taught as a part of some other degrees before. If so, then most likely your professors will know what they're doing because they've already done it numerous times. Chances are that the new course is a compilation of modules from different courses. :)

• Like 1