CAS clarifications

Nix

I've talked to my counselor, but I still don't understand.

CAS is just an assortment of creative, action, and service activities, right?

And it's mostly about the reflections?

So...

The product of it

Does it have to hit two out of the three goals, and do you have to send it along with your reflections?

Yes, you have to do at least 50 hours in each of these three categories. You should be completing at least one of the outcomes in activities you do and must have completed all the outcomes by the end of the programme. Yes, it's best to write about the outcomes in your reflections. Your reflections are just talking about what you did, the good, the bad, how to improve etc.

• Like 1

The hours system is no more in effect - however they still work as a good guideline.

You should be doing something in all three areas. More importantly, you should be hitting the 8 learning outcomes.

The reflections are a way for the CAS coordinator to see what you have learnt from the activities, so make sure they're really good.

Most often your CAS rules will depend on your coordinator. Mine was happy if we did one large project, and other smaller ones, so long as it was consistent and he could see the effort put in by us.