Oxford TSA

yii yann

Hi guys

Sorry I've been away for quite a while - spent two amazing months backpacking through Asia, and then uni application stuff.

As some of you applying to Oxford for certain courses might know, the TSA is coming up really soon. From what I have heard, it is the most important factor in deciding whether you get an interview or not (assuming that your grades are acceptable to them). From scouring the internet, it appears as though there are certain "boundaries". These are based on your TSA score after the conversion:

<63% - Usually no interview, unless your grades are amazing

65% - 72% - You might get an interview

>73% - You most likely will get an interview, provided that your grades are at least around their minimum.

The highest score not to get an offer was something like 74%. So I believe that if you hit a minimum of >76%, with good grades and a good showing at the interview, you should do well for yourself.

That said, how do we do well the TSA? I figured we might help each other out, working towards a common goal. Please add any techniques you find helpful, tips, tricks, etc. Ask questions (it would be good if you could copy paste the question here so someone can answer).

Also, does anyone know how important the essay section is?

Hey,

I'm not really applying to oxford but I found this useful website:

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/our-services/thinking-skills/tsa-oxford/preparing-for-tsa-oxford/

Doing practise papers is the best thing to do! Will give you the hang of what to expect! ;)

And definitely go through the TSA Specification, it gives you tips on problem solving.

The TSA thing seems a little similar to SAT!? Is it really true?

Nah the TSA is totally different from SAT (mostly). TSA is a bit like a... I would describe it as a less abstract IQ test, whereas SAT is a straightforward language, math and reasoning test!

Very true.

My boyfriend is doing the TSA tomorrow. So, for all of you out there doing it too - good luck! :)