Extended Essay in politics- Risky I know

2014survivor

Hey Guys,

I've finished my EE and I'm now feeling a bit apprehensive and searching for any reassurance you may be able to give.

I did my EE on politics I spoke about electoral reform here in the UK and I'm wondering if that is now going to be an issue. I mean I kept within the guidelines the EE booklet was my best friend. It's just difficult as I don't study politics but global politics was introduced last year so I'm a bit unsure as to how they will mark it

Any feedback will be great, I'm just doing the last minute edits now.

Thanks

C.

I tried to do an EE on politics this year, but my school wouldn't let me, because nobody was willing to supervise politics. Sadly, it looks like a great area!!! Instead I'm doing it in history, which is also a subject I don't do, and is as risky I think.

Anyway, moving on from from my whinging,

Politics hasn't been a subject for very long, so I think that their are many people in the same boat as you, so I don't believe it will be a massive problem. If you stick to the criteria you should be fine.

Also, I think your topic sounds interesting (I wanted to do something similar on Australian Senate reform), which is a great thing, as long as you could get lots of (legitimate) sources.

If you haven't read it already I would recommend reading the IB EE examiner report for politics (you should be able to find a 2009 on Google). It outlines all of the examiners feedback and general themes from the essays. Sadly they haven't made one for four years, because it is so uncommon. If you cant find it, I think I have a version on my computer I will send you if you send me a message.

• Like 1

I tried to do an EE on politics this year, but my school wouldn't let me, because nobody was willing to supervise politics. Sadly, it looks like a great area!!! Instead I'm doing it in history, which is also a subject I don't do, and is as risky I think.

Anyway, moving on from from my whinging,

Politics hasn't been a subject for very long, so I think that their are many people in the same boat as you, so I don't believe it will be a massive problem. If you stick to the criteria you should be fine.

Also, I think your topic sounds interesting (I wanted to do something similar on Australian Senate reform), which is a great thing, as long as you could get lots of (legitimate) sources.

If you haven't read it already I would recommend reading the IB EE examiner report for politics (you should be able to find a 2009 on Google). It outlines all of the examiners feedback and general themes from the essays. Sadly they haven't made one for four years, because it is so uncommon. If you cant find it, I think I have a version on my computer I will send you if you send me a message.

Thanks so much !

That will be really helpful