I want to study in Germany, Help me !

ohdays

I want to study in Germany. But I read from one forum that german universities dislike IB Dioloma students so I worry about it. Also, There aren't many information that I can find.

+I am learning German , not fluent.

Furthermore , I am considering change to Ib certificate, because I feel like I do not have time to study German. I am doing,

Mathematics, Language A and Biology at HL & English B, Economics and Spanish ab initio at SL. I am from non-English speak country and started learning Spanish as I started IB. But from this summer my interest in Germany university got bigger so I ended up struggling with languages ! And I can't deny that TOK is making me crazy. -so if I change to certificate , I can drop spanish and will have time for learning German more.

Do you know any cases IB student accepted at Germany University (especially at Homboldt?) with what score?

and Certificate? ( I want to study Biology.)

please help me! I already asked to uni but They just reply with links for international student which does not include direct answer.

+Have completed 4 consecutive years of a third language (in my case Spanish B) : I copied from somewhere. How could I be able to proof this?

Edited by ohdays

Well I am in an international school in Germany, and here people who want to study here have to take a higher level science. I think a higher level maths works too. I'm sure they will have a language requirement test - you are going to need to speak pretty good German to pass that.

I'm pretty sure your chances of getting in will be drastically reduced if you change to certificate. The fact that you aren't taking German as a subject is also a little worrying.

I would consider getting a German tutor, and looking around some websites for German universities to see what they require.

Wanted to study bio - shouldn't you maybe have chem higher level or something like that?

• Like 1

Well I am in an international school in Germany, and here people who want to study here have to take a higher level science. I think a higher level maths works too. I'm sure they will have a language requirement test - you are going to need to speak pretty good German to pass that.

I'm pretty sure your chances of getting in will be drastically reduced if you change to certificate. The fact that you aren't taking German as a subject is also a little worrying.

I would consider getting a German tutor, and looking around some websites for German universities to see what they require.

Wanted to study bio - shouldn't you maybe have chem higher level or something like that?

Thanks for replying.

I know. I wanted to study Economics last year then changed my mind .

Are you applying for German Universities?

Edited by ohdays

Thanks for replying.

I know. I wanted to study Economics last year then changed my mind .

Are you applying for German Universities?

Nup I'm originally English and I plan on heading back there :) I'm applying for media & communications, or film...

Woo