Sign in to follow this  

Presentation Knowledge Issue Help

Hi! This is my first time on ibsurvival because I need help! I'm doing my TOK presentation on the ethics of creating film villains in Hollywood, and the practice of scapegoating other races or ethnicities as these villains. The problem is, I cannot think of a well-phrased knowledge issue. I have almost all of the presentation topics done but I can't seem to find a way to word the knowledge issue. PLEASE HELP!

Hi llana,

How about starting with...to what extent..usually, the best KI begin with that. So, your KI could be something like...

To what extent is ethics involved in creating film villains in Hollywood and scapegoating other races/ethnicities as these villains.

That might work.

Hi llana,

How about starting with...to what extent..usually, the best KI begin with that. So, your KI could be something like...

To what extent is ethics involved in creating film villains in Hollywood and scapegoating other races/ethnicities as these villains.

That might work.

This is very close to what I originally told my teacher I was going to say, he said it wasn't specific enough. Don't know why though :(

Hi llana,

That might work.

This is very close to what I originally told my teacher I was going to say, he said it wasn't specific enough. Don't know why though :(

What? Seriously!?

How about checking with your teacher again. If he still disapproves then tell him you're REALLY stuck and he should help you (hopefully). Just ask him how you can make it more specific, maybe?

I think what you have to do is really find a problem with knowledge, not just necessarily ethics. For example: to what extent can we ethically justify what we 'know' to be 'evil' in Hollywood? Or something along those lines? Does that work?