Sign in to follow this  

theatre research investigation RQ

Hello,

I am stating my research question for the RI in theatre arts right now, but I find it a little difficult to formulate a good question. I came up with this one:

What are the instrumental and vocal techniques used in the songs in Bertold Brecht’s epic theatre play ‘Mother courage and her children’?

is this a good research question?

I guess it could work - but you need to make sure it doesn't get too musical...

When I did my RI last year I was told I had to analyse an aspect of theatre like costumes, set design, light design, etc.. within a play or practice - no one in my class did sound.

It sounds good though! Consult your teacher to make sure it doesn't sound like a music investigation or something (:

It would be better to research how those techniques are used and how it affects the song and/or play. For my RI I investigated how special effects are used in two different types of Vietnamese Water Puppetry plays and how important they are to the play