Math IA idea?

thatonedanielle

So of course for IB it's necessary that I do an IA. My idea was comparing the math grades (or possibly overall gpa) of students and whether they listen to music while doing their homework/studying. This is my fist IA and I'm not exactly sure how this idea would be graded, is it too simple, not complex enough? Any information, comments, or a way to expand this idea?

The IB don't look at the topic you chose, they look at the math inside. I'm doing the relationship between Body Mass Index and Sports Time/ Week. Comparing math grades to music is a great idea, just make sure that you get loads of random data and you have good math processes. The math IA doesn't state anywhere whether it has to be simple or complex; however, MAKE SURE YOUR DATA IS GOOD FOR THE MATHEMATICAL PROCESSES YOU WILL BE DOING! I like the idea.. Expanding it? Maybe include more than their GPA, how about giving out a little math pop quiz and testing your subjects with music and without? (This is just an idea, i think what you're doing is fine, just a consideration ^_^). Good Luck!

• Like 1