TOK presentation

natasha08villen

hey.

we are doing our TOK presentation really soon. We have our topic "To what extent does presentation affect how we accept knowledge"

we have some ideas about what we are going to do and how we will be presenting.

if anyone has more ideas about the knowledge issues we could discuss that would be very helpful.

thank you! =)

well, we are looking at how people present themselves (how they dress, language, maybe even smell) , basically using our senses to "judge" someone and seeing how much this affects us from believing what they have to say. For example, we are more likely to belive something a formal looking person with good language would tell us compared to a scruffy looking person without knowing any of their information or background education. Hope this makes sense...

Oh in that case you need to change your question, because it gave me another impression. I thought the presentation of a particular cause. For example: How Hitler successfully presented his idea of anti antisemitism to others by using his oratory skills. Your TOK topic is interesting but you need to rephrase it so that others could have right impression on reading the question.

• Like 1

Here are some examples of perception knowledge issues taken from My Hoye's ToK website (have a look at it if you haven't already)

• Are there limits to what we can learn about the world through perception?
  • How can we address the problems of perception using reason? How can language be used to persuade and manipulate people in their beliefs?
  • How can our expectations affect how we perceive the world?
  • What is the scope, and what are the limits of sensory information in different areas of knowledge?
  • Like 2

i will take this all into consideration! thank you so much, really appreciated! =)

Here are some examples of perception knowledge issues taken from My Hoye's ToK website (have a look at it if you haven't already)

• How can we address the problems of perception using reason? How can language be used to persuade and manipulate people in their beliefs?
  • What is the scope, and what are the limits of sensory information in different areas of knowledge?

If i use the question you suggested, would i talk about perception and the examples you pointed out??

If i use the question you suggested, would i talk about perception and the examples you pointed out??

Not necessarily. I pointed out examples of knowledge issues, but if you wanted you could try and use some of those ideas in your knowledge issue? But in general, if you were to use the knowledge issue I pointed out (you might want to develop and fit this to your own presentation) you don't need to even mention the others.

Do you know what areas of knowledge you are going to use/mention?

Not necessarily. I pointed out examples of knowledge issues, but if you wanted you could try and use some of those ideas in your knowledge issue? But in general, if you were to use the knowledge issue I pointed out (you might want to develop and fit this to your own presentation) you don't need to even mention the others.

Do you know what areas of knowledge you are going to use/mention?

I think we will use the issue you pointed out as it fits with out original idea and with the idea we had of presenting.

no not really, we were thinking sense and how you sense are invloved but as you can see from our original question our teacher isnt really helping that much so we dont really know what and what not to include in the presentation.

thank you for all your help!