IOP Topic and Presentation

Mishika

I have my IOP coming up. The novel that I've chosen is "The Diary of a Young Girl" by Anne Frank. I was thinking of doing my presentation on Miep Gies, who saved Anne's diary and was also one of the helpers of the annexture inmates.

Is the topic fine or should it be more specific to the events covered in the text?

Also suggest some interesting ways for presentation.. And also tell me the topics which you guys are preparing? :)

Respond ASAP.. Thanks a lot! :D

You should approach the diary from a literary perspective. The IOP is a literary treatment of a work. I would really recommend that if you wish to hope to do well on your IOP. Do you understand the criteria on which you will be marked?

Discussing the role of a *character* is fine, if you mean a role in the literary sense, not the role played by a * real person*. The latter would take you away from a treatment of the actual work.

Edited by Blackcurrant
  • Like 3

You should approach the diary from a literary perspective. The IOP is a literary treatment of a work. I would really recommend that if you wish to hope to do well on your IOP. Do you understand the criteria on which you will be marked?

Discussing the role of a *character* is fine, if you mean a role in the literary sense, not the role played by a * real person*. The latter would take you away from a treatment of the actual work.

I will be marked on knowledge and understanding of the text, presentation and language. I will take instances from the novel and then substantiate it with info out of the text.

Is that okay? And what do you exactly mean by literary aspect of the character?

Btw, thanks a lot for all your inputs. :)

The key words here are knowledge and understanding **"...of the text" **

For example, What role do other characters play in the story, the drama that unfolds in Anne Franks diary? or the role they play in Anne Frank's own characterization? These all focus on textuality -- with how the diary is written or received, or both.

As long as your primary focus is with how the text is written and/or received (in one way or another) --otherwise called context of production and reception-- then you are on the right track.

If you dwell on real people and how and why they behaved, you are doing something else.

Edited by Blackcurrant
  • Like 3