Sign in to follow this  

Studying in Germany

Short introduction: current 10th grader, German, living in UK

Hey Guys,

I just have a question about the recognition of my IB (probable) course choices in Germany. So I will take the 'German A: Language and Literature SL' course in 11th and 12th grade (as this is the only German IB class my school offers). I did some research whether or not this is acceptable as a proof for my German proficiency, but did not find anything.

Questions: Is the 'German A: Language and Literature SL' IB course a proof for my german??? If not, will I have to take some sort of German test?

Thanks for your time :)

*By the way: I am German, have a German passport and went to a German School from Grades 1 - 9.

Short introduction: current 10th grader, German, living in UK

Hey Guys,

I just have a question about the recognition of my IB (probable) course choices in Germany. So I will take the 'German A: Language and Literature SL' course in 11th and 12th grade (as this is the only German IB class my school offers). I did some research whether or not this is acceptable as a proof for my German proficiency, but did not find anything.

Questions: Is the 'German A: Language and Literature SL' IB course a proof for my german??? If not, will I have to take some sort of German test?

Thanks for your time :)

*By the way: I am German, have a German passport and went to a German School from Grades 1 - 9.

I'd imagine you are fine. I go to a German International school (here in Germany, but I'm english), and we have German kids here taking the IB that are taking German A. German A is a course that obviously requires fluency, and with your passport and history of education in Germany, you should be fine.

However, consider e-mailing some German universities, or looking at their online course requirements for IB. Take into account that you need a science at higher level to gain access to any course in Germany (or so I am told by all my German friends and people applying here).

Good luck!

yeah thanks :)

but I am planning on taking Physics HL and Math HL so I think I'll be fine...

(Math counts as a science in Germany)