I'm new to this so I'm a bit confused but anyway..

I'm struggling with an extended essay title. I'm doing mine on Theatre and wanted to focus on Kathakali theatre.. possibly costume and make-up or hand gestures and facial expressions.

I was thinking of linking Asian (Kathakali) costume and make-up to Western theatre. Does anyone have any ideas of a type of Western theatre I could use that has elaborate costume and make-up?

Or any ideas of a question I could use which focuses on Kathakali but is detailed enough?

Thank you!

I love your topic!

Baroque theater has very elaborate costuming and makeup. I wouldn't suggest using something too contemporary simply because a lot of theater is naturalistic. Try focusing on one (or two plays if you still compare two types.) It will really help when looking for information and developing a scope.

...or you could simply focus on one type of theater and one play and one practitioner and or director and or costume designer. You may even want to choose between costuming and make up.

I hope I could be of some help.

Good luck! And if you have any more questions or want to talk theater message me! :bye: