How many CAS hours does your school enforce?

I just realized that most schools don't follow the 150 hours quota that IB set up. My school has a requirement of 360hours and a 40 hour cap on an activity, so that's quite a lot. What's yours?

And why do schools have differently set amount of CAS hours required?

Min of 50hours for each.

my activities can count for all three, so it just depends on how i want to split it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My school wants 150, but for the new 2010 candidates (AKA me :) ) if we take non IB classes such as Drama I, it counts for creativity or action. So if you take a semester of PE, your Activity hours will be done! Apparently, it's a new IB policy, so all schools should have told that to the 2010 candidates.

As far as I know, only one person in my school failed to complete her 150 hours, and she didn't get a diploma... But I think she was short of a lot of hours, and they had informed her that she had not completed her hours many times.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My school requires 50 service hours for our American diploma over the course of the four years of high school. For the IB CAS hours, however, at least 15 hours for Creativity, Action, and Service have to be completed each year for the two years. We don't need 360 hours! But the IB 150 hours is the only requirements needed. If we go beyond the 50 hours in each section then it counts towards our high school diploma service hours.

In response to your last question; I don't know why other schools don't follow the IB quota. Maybe it counts towards the school's own diploma (non-IB) hours required for each student to complete? I have no idea!

;)