How many CAS hours does your school enforce?

Our school requires 150 (50 from each) minimum. If we go over, they like that better, shows we care. Also, we can not do all 50 from any section in one year. Some people do that to get it out of the way for IB exams, but it doesn't look good with IB graders. Maybe your schools requirements are higher, but the actual IB is 50 minimum in each category.

my school asks for 150 as the ib does but they help me getting 75, the other half i have to do it in my free time ( although a big amount of the ones that the school gives me is on my free time so it's like the same thing)

but i don't worry at all because i have about 320 hrs already :P:) !

good luck with your hours ! look for the activities you can enjoy ! :) I've enjoyed all of them :) and guess what you gain a lot doing this stuff, really ! :P

• 1 month later...

Now then, peeps!

I kinda have a feeling I have already spammed in this thread but still, just if somebody's craving to hear about the wonderful school I attend.

Our CAS supervisor is kinda laid back - she's asking us to complete the 150 hour course but same as some people have mentioned before it is not essential to actually achieve the 50 in each or 150 in total; anything nearby counts. For instance, some of my classmates have like 80 hours in C, while barely 40 in A. She says it's fine as far as it shows we complete some activities in long-term (throughout the 3semester period). Funnily, I have about 350 hours and I still had to continue gathering them just to show the "long-term" capability stuff.

Take care! :blush:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My school's normal too. 50 multiplied by three. But it's pretty loose, and it doesn't matter if we do a lot in one of them and not a lot in the others. But it has to stay in reason though. And there's no hour counting.

360 hours is really a lot. So good luck for it.

• 3 weeks later...

My school is really hypocrite in terms of CAS. It "encourages" us to do loads of hours of CAS but then doesn't support in any way our activities and tells us to do it by ourselves. Like, this year, we weren't allowed to participate in a competition in Spain and so, we had to candidate ourselves without anyone knowing and as if we were doing something wrong... but then in the end, they wanted to keep all of the credit for our participation -.-' However, the school always says that 150 is not enough...

• 3 weeks later...

My old school had it where you about 30 hrs in each category then the rest of the hours were up to you.

My new school should switch over to regular CAS activities versus hour counting this coming year.