Which is the hardest to complete: Creativity, Action or Service?

Which is the hardest to complete: Creativity, Action or Service?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Which could you live without?

• Creativity
    • Action
    • Service

For me I find that service is deffinatly the harderst to complete. You can combine action and creativity together really easily. I did the debutant ball at my school wich was good because it was creativity as we learnt a new skill, and action because dancing is exersice.

But service is difficult because you can't really combine it with anything. Also there are not too many fun or interesting things to do around where i am that are comunity service. I did a tutoring program for a while wwith my school wich was fun, but now that that is over i have do go to a retirement home and work there, which is not as fun to say the least.

Although some lucky people in my year are going to Tanzania this year to do some aid work, which combines all three in one!!!! Now thats the best way to do it!!

My adice, do activities wich combine a two or three of the creativity, action and service components in one. Less effort, less time and more enjoyable.

-soph x

• Like 1

at our school, the ibc said that he'll separate our hours into the three categories so we shouldn't worry about it too much :(

action doesnt always have to be hard core sports. if you do a walkathon or something quite simple then you will be set - in fact the ibo states that if you are part of a local project (helping the homeless, etc) then that could count toward action also. i dont think there's one that's harder than the other b/c you can one way or another put the activity into one of the categories. the CAS "syllabus" gives examples, if you download it then that might give you some ideas :)

For myself, it'll be hardest to complete Service as I already do tons of activities that easily go toward Creativity and Action such as piano, bass, working-out, sports teams and more. As for service, I'd actually have to get up and start working for those hours. :\

• 4 weeks later...

the hardest to complete are those stupid forms you have to fill in! id do double the CAS if it meant i didnt have to fill them up.. i hate those questions!!

but yeah otherwise, i think its service.. cause in my school more or less everything you can think of counts as creativity or action..

i think that creativity is the hardest.....but the thing is its not that hard(however out of all of the CAS its the hardest) for action i went 2 the gym,for service i got a job,and for service .......i painted some walls at an orphanage....all in alli golt 122 hours before the end of 11th grade

I would have to go with the action.

We are required to complete a mandatory 4 seasons of a sport because the IB schedule didn't allow any room to fit in a physical education class.

This made it really hard to squeeze in some sort of extra physical activity along with the school sports we had to complete.

There are tons of places to find service opportunities.

Creativity was easy for me because I take a lot of music lessons which counts as hours.

None of them were really difficult for me.

It was interesting because at first i was lacking in creativity so when i had a meeting with our co-ordinator she pointed this out. So i joined quite a few activities and then within about a month or two i had around 66 hours.

I think I'm going to have a hard time with Action since I'm not especially athletic. I was wondering how other people felt about this. Any insight would be nice. :D

I thought Action would be hardest but it turned out I've done the most of that. Just do something you wouldn't usually do. For example, I did dance and ended up performing in front of 1k people. (Wasn't nervous though coz didn't really care if I messed up >.< ) I'll be doing Creativity and finishing Service once school resumes.