Which is the hardest to complete: Creativity, Action or Service?

Which is the hardest to complete: Creativity, Action or Service?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Which could you live without?

• Creativity
    • Action
    • Service

For me Action is hardest because i've been lazy!! But it should be find after i join some school sports and do some other activities, and i forgot about activities that are service and action until i read someone's post above!

Creativity is easy for me. I'm a muso so i have tons and tons of creativity hours.

Service is alright as well, I've done lots of activities this year so i don't have to do so much in my second year

I have finished all my Creativity (185 hours) and Service (66 hours). However, I only have 39 hours for Action and so I'm forced to go to swimming club after school.

In my school, there's a CAS prize for the person that has the most hours. No one in my class cares about getting it, the only reason we all have so many Creativity hours is because we have extra language classes outside of school (I have Hebrew).

Creativity is the most difficult

action you can just do a sport

service...any volunteer work will do

creativity - you actually need something that involves you planning stuff out...and i think it's subjective...like, my idea of "creativity" is completely diff than my friends, w/e i have creativity hours completed, i always go to my IB director to see if it's valid...

service is definitely the hardest to find, cos u have to join in an organization or a project, or basically things like that.. i initially thought action would be the hardest, but it turned out to be the easiest (even though i havent completed it) .

My CAS:

Creativity - drama class (126 hours)

Action - horseback riding (26 hours)

Service - contributing at a non-government arts organization (design newsletters, create databases, watch & report on performances etc.) (on going)

Creativity, Action & Service - contributing at a non-profit heart organization (promote healthy lifestyle, exercising, create awareness events, etc.) (on going)

Creativity & Service - school holiday program (learn on how to recycle plastics and clean up the school) (18 hours)

• 1 month later...

When I started cas I thought I will have problems with creativity, but apparently that was the easiest for me. I have more than 100 hours so far (eyp). Service is also not an issue. The funny thing is that I was working in the school library for a long time, which also includes moving boxes full with books from one place to another. In other words a lot of physical work as well. But they wouldn't count it as action <3 .

At the moment I'm in desperate need of action hours....as I only have about 25 so far. The problem with it is that I can't provide proofs for every action I do. I often ride my bike, but my cas coordinator says it doesn't count (I co alone, I don't have a supervisor bla bla).

Erm...

I think for me service is really hard to finish.

I joined the cross country team, which provids me with ample amounts of Action hours..and Badminton in the winter should compliment X-Country very nicely <3

I am also in various music ensembles and groups.

I believe for Service, I can get hours from performing with the local orchestra. I recieved volunteer hours for an Ontario Diploma, so if I keep performing with the orchestra I think I can also use the hours for servioe? I'll have to check with the co-ordinator.

I'm going to be selling bracelets for this animal hospital, and if I sell 100 I get 40 hours..nice!

i am surprised to see that service got the least votes..

well, I still chose action too, since i am terrible at sports!

this CAS thing really makes people well-rounded... but, i gives too much stress too! especially for those who don't have any creativity or action..

but, i guess it is good for us.. so i'll try to enjoy them!

Service. It's such a lot of hassle and you don't get anything out of it besides a rosy glow of satisfaction that it's all over! It took me two months just to get all of my criminal records checks and references done.

I agree with whoever said that the hardest bit is filling in the stupid forms, though. I'd do up to and including four times as much CAS time if I didn't actually have to get it all signed off. All the rewards of having done something get stripped away by bureaucracy.

Creativity is easy, because you don't have to be good at the arts to do them. You can totally ruin a choir but still turn up (:

As for action, in the UK it's easy to get rid of all your hours in one fell swoop by doing D of E or something like that. There's nothing like 10 day's worth of solid hiking to stack up those hours.

Edited by sandwich

Its different for everyone. i myself have a huge problem with creativity, after having finsihed both action and service ive been really focused on creativity but its hard to find something. i've been trying to find myself a hiphop dance teacher, but have failed so far. i believe that learning something from the arts is a great thing for creativity.

Definitely creativity!

In my school CAS is a bit harder cause u can have up to 25h for one activity so u have to do at least 6activities and holidays, summer/winter break do not count.

Action is really no problem for me as I'm in school basketball and volleyball team :D trainings combined with matches really do the thing :P I also swim - just for fun, not to mention numerous sport activities like running, inline skating and skiing, I can't get CAS hours from :)

Service is also easy, cause u can volonteer anywhere. I help in kindergarten and it's really lot of fun :) i'll also take part in many one-time activities like collecting money for charities, checking works at some contests and stuff.

Creativity is the hardest, casue except from dancing I dont really have anything else to do and no more free time to spend on CAS :D but i'll figure out sth :)