Which is the hardest to complete: Creativity, Action or Service?

Which is the hardest to complete: Creativity, Action or Service?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Which could you live without?

• Creativity
    • Action
    • Service

I'd have to go with service followed by creativity. I'm apart of sports teams so I had my activity hours done in less than a month :D

I was an idiot and, like everything else in IB, I procastinated on my CAS hours so now I'm weighed down by homework with no time for volunteering or creativity. I have no clue when I'm going to get the other 40 hours of volunteering done...

It helps to whine to your CAS supervisor about passing things like "decorating a cake" as creativity hours and "taking care of your neighbor's kid with no pay" as volunteer hours

i would say CREATIVITY

as much as i like it alot

it takes TIME preciouse time

and brain power

whilst service is pretty straight forward and fun so is action

but yeh creativitys pretty difficult, you got to think of ideas while service and action, theres a million and 1 things to do in them

• 2 weeks later...
I think I'm going to have a hard time with Action since I'm not especially athletic. I was wondering how other people felt about this. Any insight would be nice. :P

Amazing, there's actually a pretty even split (well, when I saw it there was). Personally, I think service is the hardest to complete, but that's just because my mom forces me to do sports and piano and a bunch of other activities that fill up for my action and creativity hours. Unfortunately, I don't have anything for service so I have to find stuff on my own for that. Sort of a good life lesson, but it's still annoying. Teaching little kids can also get to be a pain sometimes...

I think I'm going to have a hard time with Action since I'm not especially athletic. I was wondering how other people felt about this. Any insight would be nice. :sadnod:

Ok i'm also not really athletic but i began to be a member at a dance school, where i did modern dance. I also began to do pilates which helped me really with my flexiblity:)

U should begin with some easy sports, what are funny and interesting...U dont have to do something alone, ask your friends, because all together makes everything easier!!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the most challenges is Creativity. I've collected the most in Action since I attend almost every taekwondo practice that I had. The service, well quite lots of volunteer work. Blood donation, service at school, cooperative members,... (lots more in the list)...

Glad that I've finish collecting my CAS hour. Miss it

It's funny though that the poll shows something like 1/3 result for every discipline, but I had to go with action. If you do MUN, it's really easy to get hours, and besides, I am also member of other things giving you more credit for creativity or service (choir, world peace studies etc.). Plus I play piano, easy creativity hours. But action, I do it regularly once a week, (tennis playing), but it simply doesn't give as many hours as other disciplines. (I suppose it is also due to my lack of conditions.)

• 1 month later...

i'd say service,

because i play piano = creativity

and i do gymnastics (quit this year though D:) = action

but last year i joined all these groups for service, and I'm REALLY glad i did, not only for the hours - 10 hrs off from finishing! - but rather because of all the people i met ^^

Service, no organisations let you work in NZ if your under 18

Yes actually, plenty of organisations I know let you work if you are under 18.

Service hours are so easy to get.

E.G:

Librarian, tutor midgets (cough i mean middle school students) for maths, volunteering at charities/societies/organisations

I reckon action hours are the hardest. Probably because the max. distance i can run without stopping is 500m. How pathetic =.=

Service, service, service..

I'm generally a creative person and unintentionally collect creativity hours by doing very simple tasks such as designing posters, t-shirts, being in the play, in the art club etc.

And action hours are less aggravating than service because you can also collect them unintentionally. I mean skiing? I got 20 hours from just skiing, and 20 from tennis and the rest from once again, being in the play (lots of dancing)

Service is like AHHHHHH! You can't be independant and it feels like servitude.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...