Which is the hardest to complete: Creativity, Action or Service?

Which is the hardest to complete: Creativity, Action or Service?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Which could you live without?

• Creativity
    • Action
    • Service

creativity has definitely been the hardest for me. action was easy as i do netball, dance (i don't choreograph it so its not creativity) and badminton. service was the easiest for me, ive got over 100 hours as there's lots of service oppurtunities at my school. i've worked backstage on 2, coming up to 3, school productions (about 25-30hrs each), umpired a junior netball team (15hrs), was a yr13 leader on a yr10 camp (30hrs), am on the events & hosting committee (15-20hrs) and i'm a model/dancer for our Kristin School Fashion Show which is 20hrs each for C, A & S. and i also get about 10-15 creativity hrs for planning the school ball as a member of the events & hosting committee! :) its all good!

Edited by Tevaerua

I'm finding service to be the hardest so far. Creativity is going to be the easist to compelete. I'm in a musical, art club, yearbook,i'm doing the fashion show. Action's pretty easy to finish too, but i'm having a hard time finding things to do for service. my goal is to finish CAS by the end of the summer and i'm stuck on service. =(

• 2 weeks later...

For me Action is pretty easy, i play Badminton and other sports, Service is pretty easy as well, im a member of the Internationala and Science club at school. Hardest for me is Creativity, cant draw for nuts ^_^ I dont play an instrument either. I been getting hours for it by doing "Creative" stuff in International Club lol.

I found Service to be the most difficult to complete. For creativity, I love theatre and I participated in a play each year, so adding up all the rehearsals I had to go to I ended up with about 150+ hours by the end of IB. For Action I was in the school hockey team, so it was easy to get the hours for that. But for Service, my school doesn't count tutoring, or helping around in school or things like that as service. We have to do community service, such as helping out in orphanages, daycare centres, hospitals, building community centres, helping clear out the mess in lots of areas devastated by the earthquake here in Peru, etc. Luckily though, my school makes it easy for us to find community service opportunities. But service always seemed to be the most demanding to complete, in my opinion, because they required the most hard work.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I just voted in the poll and I find it interesting how evenly split the numbers are :blink:

Personally I am finding service to be the hardest, as it's sometimes difficult to find opportunities to volunteer at the times I'm available. Action and creativity are pretty straightforward, since I play soccer and play the violin.

• 5 weeks later...

well for me, its creativity in our school we have such things as CAS CAMPS where all the aspects are included

and mostly, it is divided 10 hours for service, and 5 for the rest.

for action, i am planning to do 10 hours of yoga, 10 hours of hip hop dancing, 10 hours of boxing and 5 for ice

skating

i have short ideas regarding creativity, i am trying to get at least 5-8 hours learning guitar, learning german

from my friends where service will be covered for them

any ideas for creativity?

• 1 month later...

I can do Creativity by doing music and singing in a choir, Service by doing student government and helping the teachers but for action, I actually need to do stuff I don't actually like, like sports. Somehow I just can't get enough hours from doing those sports too so Action is the hardest for me.

I'm one of the most athletic kids at my school so it is a piece of cake for me(participating at tennis, basketball,soccer, volleyball and handball teams). As well as creativity is quiet easy as I play bass guitar and all of my lessons and concerts add a lot of hours :P

But I'm kind of worried about service..

Anyway we'll see :P

Edited by Smid

• 3 weeks later...

Service is the worst one, as it requires someone else. You can't do it alone, whenever you like, like you can with C and A.

It's also so freaking hard to find a good S activity

Technically, someone has to supervise all aspects of CAS. You shouldn't do the A or the C alone.

That said, in my opinion S is the easiest. All you need to do is find a few charities, go there, help out and you get your hours.

Service is the worst one, as it requires someone else. You can't do it alone, whenever you like, like you can with C and A.

It's also so freaking hard to find a good S activity

Technically, someone has to supervise all aspects of CAS. You shouldn't do the A or the C alone.

That said, in my opinion S is the easiest. All you need to do is find a few charities, go there, help out and you get your hours.

Technically, yes... But I'm playing an instrument for C and I'm allowed to count the hours I practise at home.

Also, I already had A and C activities before I started the IB, and I've had trouble finding a good S activity. I did do amnesty, but our group was put down and I don't know where the attendance records are, so I don't really have any evidence that I've been there. :D