Which is the hardest to complete: Creativity, Action or Service?

Which is the hardest to complete: Creativity, Action or Service?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Which could you live without?

• Creativity
    • Action
    • Service

Technically, yes... But I'm playing an instrument for C and I'm allowed to count the hours I practise at home.

Also, I already had A and C activities before I started the IB, and I've had trouble finding a good S activity. I did do amnesty, but our group was put down and I don't know where the attendance records are, so I don't really have any evidence that I've been there. :P

As in... the summer before IB?

Do you have any pictures from amnesty? Our CAS coordinator is fine with that if there's nothing else available.

Technically, yes... But I'm playing an instrument for C and I'm allowed to count the hours I practise at home.

Also, I already had A and C activities before I started the IB, and I've had trouble finding a good S activity. I did do amnesty, but our group was put down and I don't know where the attendance records are, so I don't really have any evidence that I've been there. :P

As in... the summer before IB?

Do you have any pictures from amnesty? Our CAS coordinator is fine with that if there's nothing else available.

What I meant was that I already did things I could count as A and C, so I didn't have to spend time finding new activities.

No, I don't have any pictures, so I guess I'll have to get hold of some record or something.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think Action will be the hardest to complete for me. Does going to a gym count as Action, or does it have to be something organized like playing for a sports team?

If anyone is looking for ideas for Service, find out if there is a hospital in your area that you can volunteer at! That's what I did!

Oh and does cooking class count as Creativity? I assume it does!

Edited by 195

I think Action will be the hardest to complete for me. Does going to a gym count as Action, or does it have to be something organized like playing for a sports team?

If anyone is looking for ideas for Service, find out if there is a hospital in your area that you can volunteer at! That's what I did!

Oh and does cooking class count as Creativity? I assume it does!

Always double-check with your IB coordinator as to whether an activity will count for CAS. Both gym class and cooking class sound good to me, but some teachers have specific rules. My IB coordinator said that the golden rule for us to remember was that if it was an activity for school, it was good if it did not contribute to your IB diploma. So I could count band class because it was a non-IB course.

As for me, I think Action was hardest for me, especially because all school-based sports teams have conflicting schedules with my band class, so I had to go beyond school. I ended up joining a circuit training class, which was surprisingly enjoyable.

It depends on your interests and what you spend time doing. It should be easy enough to get enough hours for each, even if you aren't particularly creative or active!

I am terrible at sport, and hand-eye co-ordination is really not my strong point, so I thought Action would be difficult. However, being a dancer I can count my weekly class, and my school offers a number of outdoor courses in kayaking, rockclimbing and surfing. I had to give up a two weekends to participate in overnight camps for each activity, but I got 50 hours for each!

The point of the CAS program is to expose us to new experiences and force us to get involved in our school and community, and you'll find that almost anything can count. I have taken up pilates, so an hour a week of very little physical exertion is earning me hours :) There are thousands of possibilities for CAS hours, so just keep an eye out for opportunities. Don't forget to run each activity by the school's IB co-ordinator to ensure it can be counted!

• 4 weeks later...

For me, I think Action is the hardest to complete, seeing as I don't really play/do any other sports besides swimming. Creativity isn't that bad though, and there are loads of opportunities in my school and community to get service hours.

Then again, it depends on where your interests lie and/or what is available in your community.

• 2 weeks later...

I find creativity the hardest to complete because i am not a creative person, like everyone in IB at my school is joining band, choir, drama club, art club and stuff in the arts. I am not good at any of those. So i am have a difficult time trying to find an activity that would count as my creaticity aspect to CAS. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

I find action quite annoying, as individual sports, where you are just training by yourself don't count as an action committment, thus my swimming hours don't count at all. But action is easy for me, as I am quite a sporty person. Creativity is average, but it is the hardest out of the three, as our school doesn't offer many creativity activities, unlike for service, as we have committees and everything in our final year of school, but those take up a lot of time, such as 84 hours, but we only need to complete 150hours in total.

• 1 month later...

definitely Action if you don't play on a sport team. Most kids in my school lie, go golfing with their fathers and fake a signature on a proposal form. Not suggesting you to do it, but if you are not athletic you don't have to engage in some heavy sports or team sport, do something like jogging, yoga or biking. long as you have a supervisor

I found them all easy since I have many friends who I can help with one thing or another. For service I do many activities in church as well as tutoring my younger friends. For creativity I coached a soccer team - making up drills and such. And for active the soccer as well. I really did find it hard to fill in all the sheets. Seriously, it takes more effort to write it all than do it.

• 4 weeks later...