Spanish or Mandarin Chinese?

tom.budgie

Oh my God, I took Chinese at GCSE and got an A* as well! What level are you at now? I could so help! :D

Really? That would be so helpful. At the moment I'm working at a A level. The main thing I struggle with is the listening exams. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, I've heard horror stories about Chinese at IB, is it much harder than GCSE?

Oh my God, I took Chinese at GCSE and got an A* as well! What level are you at now? I could so help! :D

Really? That would be so helpful. At the moment I'm working at a A level. The main thing I struggle with is the listening exams. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, I've heard horror stories about Chinese at IB, is it much harder than GCSE?

Alright, firstly, you should know that I decided to do Chinese B instead of Chinese Abinitio (Ab) in IB, so for me, yes, it is much much much harder. On the other hand, Chinese Abinitio is very simple, and very basic. How long have you done Chinese for? If this helps you decide, I've done it for more than 3 years and am struggling in Chinese B (standard level). If you have done it for less than 3 years, I would suggest doing it at Abinitio level in IB. Oh, and about the listening exams, trust me, during the actual exam, they are so so simple. The lady or man talks very slowly and repeats the question over and over again, I literally thought I would fall asleep. Everybody in my class (all foreigners) got 100% on their listening. Really, do not worry about them :)