Psych, History and Bio

Hey guys,

Well, I'm doing all three of psychology (HL), biology (SL) and history (HL). I've heard that these three have the most content in them than any other (or most others) IB subjects. I
I think i believe it too because the stress and amount of work i'm expected to cover (especially history) is HUGE!!!

Does anyone else do all these three, and are you feeling the pressure too??

Or does anyone think that they have an even heavier workload due to a different combination of subjects??

-soph x

Biology SL isn't hard at all by any means. Biology itself is what I consider to be an easy subject compared to the other two Group 4 subjects, but that's just me. From a content basis, Bio SL will not pose much of a problem. I'm not too sure about Psychology. I think the biggest challenge would be History HL for sure. I take SL and I think it requires not just a good amount of cramming but also a much higher thought process. The History exam expects you to memorize everything in the syllabus but isn't based on memorization of dates and people.

Biology SL is actually quite easy..second easiest subject after maths SL, I think. There really isn't any concept that is particularly difficult to grasp and the content isn't a lot either.

However, history HL has a lot to cover and you will have a lot of essays and homework from that.

No idea about psych though, it's not offered at my school.

[quote name='schouston1991' post='19257' date='Jul 4 2008, 01:35 AM']Or does anyone think that they have an even heavier workload due to a different combination of subjects?[/quote]I think it just depends on your learning abilities, how much time you devote to studying and how willing you are to learn. If one is truly passionate about the three subjects, doesn't mind working extra hard to do work and is naturally gifted - they should not have much trouble. But it just depends on the amount of procrastination you put up, and if you actually like learning about the subjects.