Semester 2 Entry and UQ Entry Question

ashleigh7

Hi guys,

I completed my IB in May 2013, though for personal reasons, I won't be able to apply for an Australian uni until the 2014 Second Semester intake (July 2014). My question is, do you think my chances would be higher compared to if I was applying to the Semester 1 intake. Considering that all Australian schools finish their year 12 in December, and I will be applying as a domestic student (I've read somewhere that domestic students don't 'compete' with international students for places).

Also, for those who have enrolled in UQ, how hard was it to get in? Do you need IB scores much higher than the minimum stated in the booklet?

Any replies will be much appreciated :)

Personally I think your chances applying mid year and definitely as a domestic student would be a lot better, I don't know from experience as I am still at school but I have definitely heard that domestics are more highly recognised before international students. It also depends on the course you want to do as many international students who want to do medicine, for example, do not get in because of the MMI (multi mini interview).

Getting into the University of Queensland and how hard it was depends on the course and how many apply compared to how many are accepted and what ATAR is needed. You should probably look it up and decide for yourself :)