Written Task 2 on Advertisement Analysis

SmileBeloved

Hello!

I'm doing my Written Task 2 on media analysis. I just had a quick question.

Am I allowed to base it on two similar adverts, or must I base it on one? What are the restrictions?

Also, apparently this advert was a parody. If I mention that and go into detail about why someone would make a parody of it, would this advert be usable?

Thank you everyone in advance, hope you had a merry Christmas and a happy holiday! :blowkiss:

If I were you, I would base it on one advert only (Unless, of course, the task is to compare and contrast two adverts).

If an advertisement is a parody, you MUST state that it is indeed a parody. (A classmate of mine failed to do this in a presentation and completely ruined his grade on that assignment).. I would also go into detail about why it's a parody, and what aspects have been altered to make it one. Once you've done this, I think you can definitely analyze it.

Just a reminder on my part to stay concise, and always go further than you think you should for analysis- the whole point of the WT2 is to analyse after all! Of course as has been said, don't forget to state the obvious. I found that for me this worked best in the introduction, as well setting the context of the text itself. Of course, for my WT2 I analysed a social group within a literary text, so there will be some differences. Don't forget the visual, if there's one in the advert- part of the analysis!!

Also, I've done another WT2 using two texts. It didn't turn out well- too many texts in order to analyse deeply. So I definitely would stick to one- these 1000 words will fill up incredibly quickly! Finally, I find that the slant of your analysis changes depending on whichever question you choose.

best of luck and a happy new year to you!