composition help needed!

the blonde one

For a part of my project I need to draw or photograph a formal colour organic piece. One thing - I don't know what this means. I understand that organic basically means found in nature, so I need your help in confirming:

Does this mean I would photograph or draw something that has natural colour?

-so I wouldn't edit it in B&W? I wouldn't use charcoal, per say, to draw it?

And I need you help in understanding Shaded/line negative space.. I just really have no clue for that one. It's my Christmas break right now and I can't ask my teacher. I don't need immediate replies but it's due in half a month so if ou have information that will help me I will take it!! Thank you so much!

You should ask your teacher specifically for clarification, but this is my interpretation of what your task is:

Yes you need to photograph or draw something in nature with lots of natural color. Since it's color, you probably shouldn't do black and white, although technically these are colors and you could get away with it, but you should ask your teacher if this counts. I think charcoal comes in several colors if you were interested in that medium.

An artwork has both "positive space" and "negative space," which you should be familiar with. Positive space is the main or prominent objects, and negative space would be the background and minor objects. I'm going to guess that for this part, your teacher wants you to explore the use of shading and lines in creating positive/negative space. For example, I might make my main object really light and give it heavy, thick lines to draw attention to its form and make the background really dark with soft lines for background details.