Guest JohnBaner

Guest JohnBaner

Hi,

I'm thinking of doing evolution vs. creationism as my topic for my TOK presentation.

Anyone have any suggestions as to possible knowledge issues to explore? Whats the best knowledge issue you could explore in this topic. What KI would you pick on this topic?

I am well versed in the real life events and news stories surrounding this issue so that won't be a problem. Please don't reply if you don't have any KIs in your answer.

Thank you

Edited by JohnBaner01

So you have a scientific fact vs Christian speculation. In America primarily there's a conflict between the two where some states (Texas is a big one I think) are trying to teach them alongside each other as 'theories' and let children decide which one is correct themselves.

What possible knowledge issues arise from that? Why have you picked this topic anyway?

Guest JohnBaner

What possible knowledge issues arise from that? Why have you picked this topic anyway?

I do biology and I think its fascinating how people can hold on to their faith in spite of evidence pointing the other way. But as I stated earlier, I'd like to hear some good KIs from people please.

I do biology and I think its fascinating how people can hold on to their faith in spite of evidence pointing the other way. But as I stated earlier, I'd like to hear some good KIs from people please.

You're going to want to show that you've put some effort into thinking about some yourself first. Have you thought of any?

Actually doing biology HL helped affirm my beliefs even more, although they were strong in the first place.

A KI could be: Is it possible to prove a scientific theory if the evidence is lacking/missing? There are gaps in fossil records, and that is why evolution remains a theory.

Another point, even if evolution is proved 100% true, it doesn't mean that one can't believe in God anymore.

Guest JohnBaner

You're going to want to show that you've put some effort into thinking about some yourself first. Have you thought of any?

Please don't reply if you don't have any KIs in your answer.

Edited by JohnBaner

Please don't reply if you don't have any KIs in your answer.

We are not here to do your work for you, as far as I can recall, you get points for the KI. And even if I don't recall correctly, it's still your job to think one up, we can only offer you help when you have done some thinking yourself.