November 2013 Official Results Thread

flinquinnster

Awesome results everyone!! Well done!

Do you guys know when our marks for individual papers, IAs, EE etc come out? And do we get direct access to them or is it just though our coordinators?

Your IB coordinator will receive all the individual breakdowns in about a week or so. You don't get them, just the coordinator does, so if you'd like to see them you just have to ask them. They SHOULD tell you your grades, since they're rightfully yours, but my coordinator wouldn't tell me mine unless I was asking to get a remark.

• Like 2

I seem to get more and more depressed every time I see a person with +40 points. I really wish I will be one of the many people who can confidently put up their final grades.

Dude you're not sitting your exams till May 2017, chill out a bit. That's the year I graduate university and haven't even began to think about that. Also, do Arabic ab initio, not French.

• Like 2

I seem to get more and more depressed every time I see a person with +40 points. I really wish I will be one of the many people who can confidently put up their final grades.

Dude you're not sitting your exams till May 2017, chill out a bit. That's the year I graduate university and haven't even began to think about that. Also, do Arabic ab initio, not French.

I know, everyone around me says that but I can't really get my mind off it. And thanks for the suggestion (don't unis like students who did 3 years of their Language Bs? or does it matter at all)

I know, everyone around me says that but I can't really get my mind off it. And thanks for the suggestion (don't unis like students who did 3 years of their Language Bs? or does it matter at all)

Yes, you can, just enjoy being 15 or however old you are. No, not really, unless you're applying for languages. Arabic is my degree and I much prefer it to French.

• Like 1

That's awesome! Well done!!!

I got:

English HL-6

Spanish ab initio-6

History HL-6 (I was hoping for a 7in this :( )

Chemistry SL-6

Physics HL-7 (So happy!)

Maths SL-7 (the paper 2 was really hard, so I was a bit surprised)

ToK - B

EE-A (Super happy about that too)

overall 41 which means I'm clearly in to the university course I wanted

Congratulations! As someone who is going to take the IB exams this semester, is there any advice that you can offer me? I take Spanish ab initio too and I am struggling in the subject; I really want the IB Diploma though, so could you please give me a few tips? Any useful websites or anything in particular that I should learn?

@iblife well that depends hugely on WHAT they are! So if you could tell us that....

for example, english or philosophy is more likely to go up than something absolute like maths in theory, as maths has a set markscheme - generally, these kind of subjects only go up in the rare scenario that the examiner miscounted or should have given a method mark and didn't for some reason.

That said, this is theoretical - even subjects like philosophy tend to 'somehow' come back exactly the same, despite there being multiple essays with multiple criteria, in entirely subjective essays! Now if only I could somehow work out the link between that and the fact that examiners only have to return the remark money if the score changes, and they see the mark that it was initially given.... hmmm... still working on that one!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Are any of you going to the awards ceremony at Federation square in Melbourne on the 17th of Feb? It's for the Victorian and Tasmanian candidates that got 40+

No, I'm heading to the NSW one this Friday. :) Is the Vic/Tas one only for IB 40+ kids? I think that the Sydney one gives prizes out for a 7 in anything, or an A in anything, and CAS awards! Perhaps NSW can afford to give more away because there are less diploma candidates. Maybe because it's rarer you get a special prize/remuneration. :)

Really! That's awesome. The letter we received only mentioned awards for 40+, but my school gave out awards for people who got 7s. haha how would they decide CAS awards!? Let me know what it's like on Friday :)

Friday was nice, in that a lot of people from our school went and we got to catch up, and reminisce over the old IB days. :) The actual running of the ceremony itself was a bit interesting - the turnout was surprisingly large, so there were slight organisational issues! Nevertheless, as they didn't ponder too long in handing out certificates (even though there were a lot of people who had either 7s or As, or managed 40+), it didn't get to the point where the event was excruciating. And for CAS awards, I have absolutely no idea how they awarded it! I guess once you only consider those people who take it seriously, it helps create a (very) short list of potential awardees.

• Like 1