URGENT help needed in EE topic!

Prunie

You could do George Orwell's Animal Farm. It's basically animals that represent people in the Russian Revolution. Such as the working class is represented by the admirable horse and the pigs represent the leaders. It's a favourite of mine. However, I didn't do my extended essay in english. From what I remember, the book is around 200 pages.

You can also take a look at these if Animal Farm doesn't work out :

http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/historical-fiction-war

Actually, The Book Thief by Markus Zusack is pretty lengthy and has a lot of literary devices. What is interesting about the book, is how the book is written in the perspective of Death in the Nazi era. So that's a good one too. I read it during grade 10 for school but a friend of mine also did it for their EE so you can take a look into that too=)

Edited by Hellobox
  • Like 1

Okay, first off, I would strongly advise you against choosing a topic that involves two different subject areas--as in wanting it to be in English but also including a lot of history; you're allowed to do your EE in only one subject area and even if you want it to be in English, including a lot of history (whether relevant or not) will not work in your favour. If you're doing it in English, the idea is to look at literary techniques used in the work(s) you're analysing. I believe the other option is to look at the language itself? I'm not quite sure, my apologies.

Also, we aren't actually allowed to give you a topic; if you refine it enough we can help, as in pick out texts you think you may be interested in looking at or maybe something more specific so we might be able to suggest a text.

• Like 4