2 Knowledge issue questions

SeniorStatus14

So I'm doing topic one for my TOK essay and I was wondering just how many knowledge issues I should include in the essay. I know I definitely want 1 of them to be "Where do we get our ethical code from?" or something along the line of that, but do I need more than that one?

Also how are knowledge issues and claims/counter claims connected? Are my claims/ counter claims supposed to come from my knowledge issue? Or can they be different?

For your TOK essay you need to answer the question you have been set. The question is "1. Ethical judgements limit the methods available in the production of knowledge in both the arts and the natural sciences. Discuss.".

So you have to answer their question. Not your own question "Where do we get our ethical code from?". That's barking a little bit up the wrong tree. You don't need to come up with knowledge issues in your essay, the whole point of the essay is that they've given you the knowledge issue to start off from. All you need to come up with are real life examples that help you analyse and explain the knowledge issue and either support it (claims) or don't (counter-claims).

For your TOK essay you need to answer the question you have been set. The question is "1. Ethical judgements limit the methods available in the production of knowledge in both the arts and the natural sciences. Discuss.".

So you have to answer their question. Not your own question "Where do we get our ethical code from?". That's barking a little bit up the wrong tree. You don't need to come up with knowledge issues in your essay, the whole point of the essay is that they've given you the knowledge issue to start off from. All you need to come up with are real life examples that help you analyse and explain the knowledge issue and either support it (claims) or don't (counter-claims).

Thank you so much!! I thought we had to come up with a knowledge issue, claims, counter claims, real life situations, and everything else off of the question! :)

So well, I have chosen the 4th topic for my tok essay "That which is accepted as knowledge today is sometimes discarded tomorrow"

What I was thinking was if the idea is very common say suppose the sun does not revolve around the sun and the earth does revolve around the sun. Is it ok to use common examples then...?? in my TOK essay

So well, I have chosen the 4th topic for my tok essay "That which is accepted as knowledge today is sometimes discarded tomorrow"

What I was thinking was if the idea is very common say suppose the sun does not revolve around the sun and the earth does revolve around the sun. Is it ok to use common examples then...?? in my TOK essay

It is okay in the sense that you're not going to automatically fail, but it's so common that it's not going to impress any examiner. Be more creative that that, don't use cliche examples.