New Syllabuses for 2016 in Physics and Chemistry

Guest Ngod

Hi guys,

I know this will be unlikely. But does anyone have copies of the new syllabuses for 2016 in Physics and Chemistry,

As you all know, the syllabus is going to be changed. The syllabuses were released to teachers in december of 2016, but I want to have a look at their content for some personal reasons. So if anyone has a copy of the syllabuses, please send them to me!

You can attach them as files in your replies or send an email to n_______

Thanks.

Edited by Sandwich
Forum rules, don't post emails publicly. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I know this will be unlikely. But does anyone have copies of the new syllabuses for 2016 in Physics and Chemistry,

As you all know, the syllabus is going to be changed. The syllabuses were released to teachers in december of 2016, but I want to have a look at their content for some personal reasons. So if anyone has a copy of the syllabuses, please send them to me!

You can attach them as files in your replies or send an email to [email protected]

Thanks.

I am interested as well. Could you maybe just post a link here?

Hey guys! Here's a link to the new Physics syllabus

https://ibphysics2016.wikispaces.com/file/view/Physics_Guide_2016.pdf/487462852/Physics_Guide_2016.pdf

Imo, it's cool that they brought in friction into the syllabus, particle physics at SL is way too high level, taking thermodynamics out from the HL was really sad and narrowing it down to 4 options is meh :/ Also, their new lab system, really don't like it. I'm glad to be the last class on the current syllabus :') The Engineering Physics option looks good though, with rotational mechanics in it and fluid mechanics.

Does anyone have the link to the new Chemistry syllabus?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm the new chemistry syllabus isn't that different from the old one. spdf configuration is SL im happy about that, cause SL students would always miss out when doing things like SAT Chem tests and stuff. Lewis acids and bases are now SL and I think polydentate ligands are in? The only think I don't get is how do students know what to define now? And the measurement and graphical analysis woahhh what a revamp :'D

• 1 month later...

*syllabi

Also "Understandings" WTH who wrote this syllabus, Borat???

They've obviously realised that incorporating TOK into other subjects is a waste of time, the syllabus is choc-a-block with attempts to crush it in. Until they start assessing TOK in exams (god forbid) I doubt it's going to gain much ground. That and now this 'international minded-ness' nonsense... why IB, why?! It's like a mission to waste paper. It is also interesting to see the use of american rather than international spellings in this international curriculum.

I agree though, the new set-up is pretty vague, and the Chemistry syllabus wasn't the best at being specific anyway. Hopefully textbooks will provide the right content, although you do have to wonder whether the IB have got a new set of handy textbooks up their impenetrable sleeves purely for the purpose of making a bit of additional cash 'interpreting' their own vagueness...

Maybe my understandings are a little cynical, but I can only go on what my eyesings are seeings. :hmmm: That and IB BS detection levels are reachings critical in these latest offerings...s.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you, guys, already checked what the major differences between the old and the new syllabus are? As I was not aware of this change, I bought the "old" books for both Chemistry HL and Biology HL. Now I'm a little bit confused and don't know whether to buy the new editions or not.

Edited by Zuzolinda

Have you, guys, already checked what the major differences between the old and the new syllabus are? As I was not aware of this change, I bought the "old" books for both Chemistry HL and Biology HL. Now I'm a little bit confused and don't know whether to buy the new editions or not.

http://www.jon.hk/2014/05/ib-chem-2016-topic/ This could help you for Chemistry :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...