HL IA Research Project

Hi,

I would just like to know how essential is primary data for the HL Research Project?

I have a topic, and a company, but I am unable to attain any primary data from them.

From what i know primary data is the most important type of research included in your project. I barely have any secondary data in mine. How about changing your company? I had to change mine because of similar reasons :/ but yeah, first talk to your teacher about this and try to come up with a solution. I don't think a B&M IA is possible without primary research :S why can't you stick to the same research question and everything and just switch the company? I did that.. it's not at all a hassle..

• Like 2

Hi,

I would just like to know how essential is primary data for the HL Research Project?

I have a topic, and a company, but I am unable to attain any primary data from them.

From what i know primary data is the most important type of research included in your project. I barely have any secondary data in mine. How about changing your company? I had to change mine because of similar reasons :/ but yeah, first talk to your teacher about this and try to come up with a solution. I don't think a B&M IA is possible without primary research :S why can't you stick to the same research question and everything and just switch the company? I did that.. it's not at all a hassle..

I know, I want to do that but I am unable to find a company that is willing to provide any primary data. I exhausted all my options already. As your profile says you are in India, do you know anyone who might be willing to provide the data?

Hi,

I know, I want to do that but I am unable to find a company that is willing to provide any primary data. I exhausted all my options already. As your profile says you are in India, do you know anyone who might be willing to provide the data?

that sucks. I wish i could help but i don't really know anyone who could provide data. I was lucky because my friend's brother owns a cafe. Why don't you do it on your school or something like that? don't you know any shop that you could conduct your project on? try talking to them and requesting for the data and all. I don't think they would really mind. Good luck

Hi,

that sucks. I wish i could help but i don't really know anyone who could provide data. I was lucky because my friend's brother owns a cafe. Why don't you do it on your school or something like that? don't you know any shop that you could conduct your project on? try talking to them and requesting for the data and all. I don't think they would really mind. Good luck